14 May 2007

Introductory remarks

In late April 2007, I started walking the Lycian Way, a 509km route from Ovacık to Antalya along the Mediterranean Coast and hinterland. In fact, I lasted a week and managed about 75km, all up, before it turned into a slog and I packed it in.

I have started this new blog expressly for these notes and divided the account into sections corresponding more or less with days of walking. There are additional posts providing

  • a critique of the documentation for the walk,
  • a list of equipment, with some notes and explanations, and
  • a summary of trip costs.

Blogger makes it rather time consuming to upload photos, so I will be adding these gradually. Meanwhile, you can view a selection of 181 images at www.harryfeldman.myphotoalbum.com. I will also place a slideshow linked there in the right column.

I also intend to add a post with links, although there are some hypertext links within the posts.

Unless I decide to make another attempt at walking more of the Lycian Way, there will probably be no additions to this blog – it’s just a record of the trip.

No comments: